Data Platform Engineer
WOO Network operates a centralised exchange WOO X and a decentralised platform WOOFi, democratising access to top-tier liquidity and exceptional trading execution while keeping costs competitive. Our native token, $WOO offers token holders a unique position to participate, engage, and maximise the benefits of both the DeFi and CeFi ecosystem. Our team of highly-selected 170 employees is located in 12 cities worldwide 🚀
Our vision is to inspire confidence, higher performance, and joy in every user. We have a mission to provide the best liquidity on the best terms. We compete not just on price execution but also on integrity, user experience, innovative tools, and global opportunities.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer who can join us along this mission and vision. You’ll become an integral part of the Data team, which is creating the best-in-class analytical capabilities (insights and data products) to empower Woo Network with the correct information at the right time to make data-driven decisions. Interested? Keep on reading!
What you’ll be working on:
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance of the big data platform cluster, ensuring its stability and optimal performance.
- Managing daily scheduling and monitoring of the big data platform, including data transmission, scheduling, metadata, lineage, quality centre, as well as reporting and ad hoc query systems.
- Playing a key role in designing the data platform architecture, contributing to the development of innovative data products, and ensuring effective data synchronization.
- Collaborating with business teams to address and support their data service requirements, ensuring alignment with organizational objectives.
- Staying abreast of the latest technological advancements, conduct research, and contribute to the introduction of cutting-edge technologies to enhance the data platform.
Why work with us:
Join us in realising our vision in advancing decentralisation, and leading innovation in CeFi and DeFi. Enjoy work flexibility, a supportive team, and an environment that nurtures your ideas. Plus, expect a performance-based annual bonus for all contributors at WOO 💪
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in data platform engineering.
- Strong programming skills with expertise in Java development. Proficient in JVM, web development, caching, distributed architecture, and messaging middleware.
- Proficient in at least one or more distributed open-source projects such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Flink, StarRocks.
- Excellent component-level modeling skills. Familiarity with distributed databases, NoSQL, MQ, Cache, TCP/IP principles. Ability to design complex, high-concurrency, and large-scale data systems.
- Experience in developing subsystems related to big data computing scheduling systems, real-time data processing platforms, data transfer services, and data lineage.
- Preferred experience with AWS/GCP distributed big data and cloud-native data storage and computing frameworks.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Fluent English.
Getting the job
We're actively seeking talented individuals to join our team outside of our typical hiring schedule. This proactive approach allows us to connect with exceptional candidates like you even before specific positions become available.
On average, successful candidates go through five rounds of interviews and tests. Our hiring process begins by meeting with our People Team, who help facilitate the process of placing you in your new role. You can expect to share your experience and ideas in online video interviews with our hiring team, made up of management and potential new colleagues.
Submitting your resume now ensures that you're first in line when new opportunities arise. By doing so, you'll have a head start in the selection process and get a chance to showcase your skills and experience.
Get started on your application here!